Tuesday, January 12, 2010

12


Today, I met a friend and went for a walk -- it was sunny and about 50 degrees!   Yes, those are blue skies in the background.  That is a first for the year.  She lives in an area called Block 5, which is across the street from Block 6.  Theses are just groups of "Soviet" style apartments that were massed produced during Tito's time (I think).  Need to research that a bit more.  I always find this building to have an interesting shape. 

2 comments:

Patti Cartwright said...

Very strange looking building! I don't think I would want to live in an apartment that did not have support under it!

Jill Willeke said...

They are strange looking. When we were in Macedonia, there were lots of building like this. It was because the property tax was based on the square footage of the ground floor. I think this was just a "design" that someone liked.